An enthusiastic and professional Software Developer and Web Designer with a practical hands-on approach, who always perseveres to achieve the best results, who enjoys being part of, as well as leading, a successful and productive team. Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills and swiftly identifies the root of any problem and develops and effective solution. Able to work well on own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure. Proven to manage and complete projects to the highest standard with a meticulous attention to detail.
Bristol, United Kingdom
07 453 930 869
Software developer (C#) • February 2016 – Currently
Currently working as C# programmer under .Net and DevExpress frameworks, developing software for LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems). LabLogic Systems are a manufacturer of instrumentation and software to the Life Science, PET/Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Safety sectors. Specialised in the detection and measurement of radioactivity.
YouTube LabLogic Channel
Perl programmer • November 2013 – January 2016
Working as a Perl Programmer and handling all the duties and work assigned to this position efficiently, these duties are as follows:
• Handling various duties like building critical scripts, enhancing specifications, developing, designing, coding computer applications and programs for different clients related with shareholdings sector as: RBOS, TD, Telefonica, Santander, Bristol Water, Wessex Water or RioTinto.
• Responsible for testing and analysing computer applications by using knowledge of Perl programming.
• Responsible for solving problems and queries of the customers and troubleshooting them.
• Responsible of support the company mailing system, experience working with RoyalMail, UKMail and Whistl (TNT).
• Duties as supervisor of code changes for the upgrading of the current architecture, using source control management applications as Team Foundation Server and TortoiseCVS.
YouTube Computershare Channel
Software developer (VB6 and C#) • November 2010 – April 2013
Software developer and tester of management applications with Microsoft Visual Studio technology (VB6 and .NET framework with C#) and technical support for desktop applications.
Development, implementation and testing of the sales management application Unigest.NET for the national Spanish company MILAR S.L. Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop functional test approach which includes the scope, test plan, test cases, test cycles, risks, and regression testing approach, requirements, data requirements and metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to standardise processes for efficiency and productivity.
• Ability to analyse data, and excellent problem solving skills.
• Assist to define, plan and budget new development projects and to make sure they are delivered on time and within budget.
• Provide support on existing projects and develop and refine the existing documentation.
• Respond in a timely fashion to any tickets or communications sent to you by customers or colleagues.
Web designer • Eventually
Designer and maintenance of webs pages, server maintenance, e-mail assistant and customer services.
Teacher • Eventually
Teaching workshop programming C language in Borland platform to college students. Ability to create a stimulating teaching environment for students by being motivated, enthusiastic and confident. Enforcing discipline and rules within a class setting, handling challenging behaviour. Creating positive relationships with students. Excellent IT and technology skills.
Technical assistant and waiter • June 2002 – August 2002 and June 2001 – August 2001
Installed, repaired, maintained, and upgraded desktop and notebook computers. Attention to the public. Helped customers with courtesy, patience and a smile.
• Planning of functional testing and execution.
• A passion for learning and solving business and technology problems.
• Knowledge of different programming/scripting languages; C++, C#, visual basic, .NET framework and Perl. Familiarized with WinForms, WCF services, MVC technologies and client-server architectures.
• Experience in source control management using Team Foundation Server and TortoiseCVS.
• Design and creation of web pages to small business accounts. Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ASP.NET for web applications. Demonstrable experience with XML/Web services. Content Management Systems as Joomla y WordPress.
• Data bases languages: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access, SQLite y Oracle.
• Knowledge of hardware, operating systems and network multiuser (Linux/Windows/iOS).
• Experience in graphic design with Photoshop CS and graphic engine Unity3D, using C#.
• All Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project y Published).
Simple top-down space shooting game using Unity3D C#. You can play it online clicking in the link below or downloading the APK for your Android Device. The game has been design it to play it using your KeyBoard, your mouse or through tactile interface in your Android device.Unity3D C#
The idea of Squid Deploy was inspired in the tool Octopus Deploy for source control and code promotion. The Squid client application calls a WCF service hosted in a remote machine, through the 'squid tentacle' Windows service and allow us to execute console commands in the server. I've created this project as an example of how run simple .BAT files through different environments/machines using windows WCF services and a simple client-server architecture. In practice, I promoted code from TFS to different environments/machines as Octopus Deploy would do. In the template available for downloading below, I just run a ipconfig command and show how to pass some parameter through the service. More info. could be found in the following youtube videos;
Participation as software developer for the startup company SimpAlarm. In my company contribution, I've established the web application that control all the communications between the SimpAlarm device and the web server. The application has been designed under MVC .Net framework and Microsoft technologies.
SimpAlarm has been developed to support independent living for older people. It plugs into and secures to a power socket, providing a wire-free and tamper proof connection. Without the use of any camera or microphone, Simpalarm unobtrusively monitors background activity and uses mobile technology to create a caring network of family, friends and neighbours.
This EDGE Award is about celebrating exciting new products coming out of the region. Unlike the app, game and animation categories, this should be a physical product – a gadget, piece of hardware or innovative device. The judges want to know how the product is new, how it is disrupting the market or finding new ways to solve problems to benefit users.
Link to my personal GitHub repository, not big for the moment, but growing fast. Several random projects about different topics all written in C#. Check it out for more info.
Get in touch!