An enthusiastic and professional Software Developer and Web Designer with a practical hands-on approach, who always perseveres to achieve the best results, who enjoys being part of, as well as leading, a successful and productive team. Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills and swiftly identifies the root of any problem and develops and effective solution. Able to work well on own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure. Proven to manage and complete projects to the highest standard with a meticulous attention to detail.
Bristol, United Kingdom
07 453 930 869
Software developer (C#) • February 2016 – Currently
Currently working as software developer for LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) using several technologies under Visual Studio as C#, Entity Frameworks, DevExpress UI controls and NHibernate. Some of my additional duties apart of programming are: providing support to clients across the globe through LiveAgent/WebEx platforms and new successful installations in some of the world’s most prestigious and regulated PET facilities including Erasmus University of Rotterdam (Rotterdam, Netherdlands), Linköping University Hospital (Linköping, Sweeden), Herlev Hospital PET Centre (Copenhagen, Denmark), Herz- und Diabeteszentrum NRW (Bad Oeynhausen, Germany) and a multi-site deployment at Triad Isotopes (USA).
YouTube LabLogic Channel
Perl programmer • November 2013 – January 2016
Working as a Perl Programmer and handling all the duties and work assigned to this position efficiently, these duties are as follows:
• Handling various duties like building critical scripts, enhancing specifications, developing, designing, coding computer applications and programs for different clients related with shareholdings sector as: RBOS, TD, Telefonica, Santander, Bristol Water, Wessex Water or RioTinto.
• Responsible for testing and analysing computer applications by using knowledge of Perl programming.
• Responsible for solving problems and queries of the customers and troubleshooting them.
• Responsible of support the company mailing system, experience working with RoyalMail, UKMail and Whistl (TNT).
• Duties as supervisor of code changes for the upgrading of the current architecture, using source control management applications as Team Foundation Server and TortoiseCVS.
YouTube Computershare Channel
Software developer (VB6 and C#) • November 2010 – April 2013
Software developer and tester of management applications with Microsoft Visual Studio technology (VB6 and .NET framework with C#) and technical support for desktop applications. Development, implementation and testing of the sales management application Unigest.NET and accounting application Uniconta for the national Spanish company MILAR S.L. Main duties and responsibilities:
• Develop functional test approach which includes the scope, test plan, test cases, test cycles, risks, and regression testing approach, requirements, data requirements and metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to standardise processes for efficiency and productivity.
• Ability to analyse data, and excellent problem solving skills.
• Assist to define, plan and budget new development projects and to make sure they are delivered on time and within budget.
• Provide support on existing projects and develop and refine the existing documentation.
• Respond in a timely fashion to any tickets or communications sent to you by customers or colleagues.
Web designer • Eventually
Designer and maintenance of webs pages, server maintenance, e-mail assistant and customer services.
Teacher • Eventually
Teaching workshop programming C language in Borland platform to college students. Ability to create a stimulating teaching environment for students by being motivated, enthusiastic and confident. Enforcing discipline and rules within a class setting, handling challenging behaviour. Creating positive relationships with students. Excellent IT and technology skills.
Technical assistant and waiter • June 2002 – August 2002 and June 2001 – August 2001
Installed, repaired, maintained, and upgraded desktop and notebook computers. Attention to the public. Helped customers with courtesy, patience and a smile.
• A passion for learning and solving business and technology problems. Ability to reuse and expand upon existing code libraries as part of project design and development.
• Team Player; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated industry programming/scripting experience using several programming languages as C++, C#, Visual Basic 6, .NET framework and Perl.
• Familiarized with WinForms, WCF services, MVC technologies, client-server architectures, Entity Frameworks, NHibernate, ADO.Net, DevExpress UI controls and reporting using Cristal Reports.
• Experience in source control management using Team Foundation Server, GitHub and TortoiseCVS.
• Design and creation of web pages to small business accounts. Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ASP.NET for web applications. Demonstrable experience with XML/Web services. Content Management Systems as Joomla and WordPress.
• Experience in Database programming using Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access, SQLite and Oracle.
• Experience in graphic design with Photoshop CS and graphic engine Unity3D, using C#.
• SCRUM or other similar Agile development processes.
• Strong work ethic; self-starter and highly motivated. Ability to meet and exceed project deadlines.
• Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project y Published), also Microsoft SharePoint.
Uniconta is directly aimed at small to medium sized businesses (SME’s). You get an easy to use bookkeeping package which enables you to produce monthly and annual accounts. The software also provides you with fully editable invoices and purchase orders along with a customer and supplier management system. Showing you who owes you money and any outstanding bills.
Simple top-down space shooting game using Unity3D C#. You can play it online clicking in the link below or downloading the APK for your Android Device. The game has been design it to play it using your KeyBoard, your mouse or through tactile interface in your Android device.
The idea of Squid Deploy was inspired in the tool Octopus Deploy for source control and code promotion. The Squid client application calls a WCF service hosted in a remote machine, through the 'squid tentacle' Windows service and allow us to execute console commands in the server. I've created this project as an example of how run simple .BAT files through different environments/machines using windows WCF services and a simple client-server architecture. In practice, I promoted code from TFS to different environments/machines as Octopus Deploy would do. In the template available for downloading below, I just run a ipconfig command and show how to pass some parameter through the service. More info. could be found in the following youtube videos;
Participation as software developer for the startup company SimpAlarm. In my company contribution, I've established the web application that control all the communications between the SimpAlarm device and the web server. The application has been designed under MVC .Net framework and Microsoft technologies.
SimpAlarm has been developed to support independent living for older people. It plugs into and secures to a power socket, providing a wire-free and tamper proof connection. Without the use of any camera or microphone, Simpalarm unobtrusively monitors background activity and uses mobile technology to create a caring network of family, friends and neighbours.
This EDGE Award is about celebrating exciting new products coming out of the region. Unlike the app, game and animation categories, this should be a physical product – a gadget, piece of hardware or innovative device. The judges want to know how the product is new, how it is disrupting the market or finding new ways to solve problems to benefit users.
Link to my personal GitHub repository, not big for the moment, but growing fast. Several random projects about different topics all written in C#. Check it out for more info.
PETra is a true PET Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), designed specifically for use within PET production facilities in order to improve efficiency and compliance.
Since it’s introduction to the market PETra has quickly become an industry favourite following successful installations in some of the world’s most prestigious and regulated PET facilities including Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology (Washington University, St Louis, USA), Herlev Hospital PET Centre (Copenhagen, Denmark), Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Research Centre (New York, USA) and a multi-site deployment at Triad Isotopes (USA).
Get in touch!